The Story Behind OxiScience Technology
In 1997, Dr. Jeffrey Williams, after retiring from being a professor at Michigan State University for 27 years, started a water purification company together with co-founder Simon Johnston. The technology they developed used biodegradable, organic oxidizing forms of chlorine for purification of drinking water, and eventually made its way into millions of households around the world in water filters. In 2015, the two founders decided to start another company, OxiScience, to expand the technology into the broad field of odor control. Building on 20+ years of familiarity with active coatings in the water purification and textile marketplaces, OxiScience quickly developed innovative formulations under the NonScents Pet & Home consumer brand. The company also offers private label and licensing opportunities in the industrial, medical and personal care product categories.
Watch Our Video
What’s Inside NonScents?
Different from all other products on the market, OxiScience has the only super-stable technology that combines three different pathways to destroying malodors at the molecular level. The same biodegradable, organic, active chlorine coating, covered by proprietary OxiScience patents, provides unmatched odor control power to products in a wide range of formats, from granules, textile fibers and films, to solutions and suspensions.
Instant Odor Removal
- Natural oxidative reactions instantly attack and remove sulfur-containing odors and ammonia.
- Doesn’t depend on weak physical absorption like charcoal and baking soda, nor cheap fragrances that attempt to cover up the malodor.
- Unique polymer coatings preserve the oxidative power like a battery, releasing it over time through natural bio-degradation processes.
- Polymer coating is biodegradable.
- Active chlorine in the polymer - an oxidative form of the same element in table salt-reverts to its inactive, harmless chloride form after reacting with malodorants such as ammonia and sulfur-containing compounds.
- ‘Active principle’ from the OxiScience coating does its work in the exact form of a substance (hypochlorous acid) that is made by human white blood cells.